Clerk to theGoverning Board at Newport Community School Primary Academy and Landkey Community Primary Academy- Permanent, Part-time
Grade D, £10.41 - £11.50 per hour
A vacancy has arisen for a Clerk to the Governing Board at Newport Community School Primary Academy and Landkey Community Primary Academy. Both schools are part of the Tarka Learning Partnership.
The post will involve approximately 300 hours over the whole academic year equating to approximately 8 hrs per week (4 hours for each school) over 38 weeks, however, some weeks have no meetings and other weeks will require more than 8 hours.
The Clerk will be accountable to the Governing Body, working effectively with them, the Chair of Governors and the Head Teacher. The Clerks main role is to provide professional clerking services to the Governing Body and its committees.
The successful applicant will be able to:
· take accurate minutes from their own notes to then produce well-presented minutes for distribution
· collate and distribute agendas and associated paperwork, in electronic form, in a timely manner in advance of meetings
· be available to take minutes at all meetings throughout the year – meetings are often outside of school hours/evening
· provide procedural and legal advice and guidance to the Governing Body;
· attend relevant training events organised by the Tarka Learning Trust.
Experience is desirable, but not essential as training will be provided. Candidates should be competent in IT skills. You should have an interest in education, be tactful and able to deal with matters confidentially.
Both Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
A job description, person specification and application form can be found below
Completed applications for the attention of Julia Camp
Closing date: Friday 19th February 2021 at 12 noon